Update 4 –
Door: dr. Andrew Saul, editor-in-chief OMNS
Orthomolecular Medicine News Service (OMNS), 3 maart 2020
Shanghai Government Officially Recommends Vitamin C for corona/COVID-19
(OMNS Mar 3, 2020) The government of Shanghai, China has announced its official recommendation that COVID-19 should be treated with high amounts of intravenous vitamin C.(1) Dosage recommendations vary with severity of illness, from 50 to 200 milligrams per kilogram body weight per day to as much as 200 mg/kg/day.
These dosages are approximately 4,000 to 16,000 mg for an adult, administered by IV. This specific method of administration is important, says intravenous therapy expert Atsuo Yanagisawa, MD, PhD, because vitamin C’s effect is at least ten times more powerful by IV than if taken orally. Dr. Yanagisawa is president of the Tokyo-based Japanese College of Intravenous Therapy. He says, “Intravenous vitamin C is a safe, effective, and broad-spectrum antiviral.”
Richard Z. Cheng, MD, PhD, a Chinese-American specialist physician, has been working closely with medical and governmental authorities throughout China. He has been instrumental in facilitating at least three Chinese clinical IV vitamin C studies now underway. Dr. Cheng is presently in Shanghai continuing his efforts to encourage still more Chinese hospitals to implement vitamin C therapy incorporating high oral doses as well as C by IV.
Dr. Cheng and Dr. Yanagisawa both recommend oral vitamin C for prevention of COVID-19 infection.
An official statement from Xi’an Jiaotong University Second Hospital (2) reads:
“On the afternoon of February 20, 2020, another 4 patients with severe new coronaviral pneumonia recovered from the C10 West Ward of Tongji Hospital. In the past 8 patients have been discharged from hospital. . . [H]igh-dose vitamin C achieved good results in clinical applications. We believe that for patients with severe neonatal pneumonia and critically ill patients, vitamin C treatment should be initiated as soon as possible after admission. . .[E]arly application of large doses of vitamin C can have a strong antioxidant effect, reduce inflammatory responses, and improve endothelial function. . . Numerous studies have shown that the dose of vitamin C has a lot to do with the effect of treatment. . . [H]gh-dose vitamin C can not only improve antiviral levels, but more importantly, can prevent and treat acute lung injury (ALI) and acute respiratory distress (ARDS).”
Meer gepubliceerd op onze websites
– vanaf 27 januari –
- 15 maart 2020 – update 8 – Voor wie adviezen Voedingscentrum volgt (www.ortho.nl)
- 9 maart 2020 – update 7 – Verslag van een dochter: familie in Wuhan gered van COVID-19 virus met vitamine C (www.ortho.nl)
- 7 maart 2020 – update 6 – Eerste positieve bericht over vitamine C en COVID in landelijke krant (www.ortho.nl)
- 6 maart 2020 – update 5 – Boodschap DSM aan Chinese volk op TV-zender (www.ortho.nl)
- 4 maart 2020 – update 4 – Shanghai Government Officially Recommends Vitamin C for COVID-19 (www.ortho.nl)
- 2 maart 2020 – update 3 – Media-aanval op vitamine C-behandeling bij COVID-19 (coronavirus) (www.ortho.nl)
- 19 februari 2020 – advies – Coronavirus – welk vitamine C-supplement moet ik nemen? (daarin verwerkt de vragen van de bloggers) (fitmetvoeding.nl)
- 16 februari 2020 – Blog: Simpel / Hoe en hoeveel vitamine C tegen virussen? (met veel reacties en vragen) (ortho.nl)
- 8 februari 2020 – update 2 – Intravenous vitamin C for coronavirus (for professionals) (ortho.nl)
- 27 januari 2020 – update 1 – Vitamine C beschermt tegen coronavirus (ortho.nl)